Re: Oracle concurrence control

From: <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 05:45:35 GMT

It's me again. I hit the Submit button too quickly. On second thought, there's an "artificial" way to do this. When A runs select to find that the room is unbooked, you insert into a table called, say, mutex, a number, indicating this room is being checked by someone. Obviously you also need to insert the room number and the time this happens. This time is important. You use it to time out A's pondering on his Web page. (What if he checks and leaves office for the day?) When B comes in, if the room is unbooked or if booked but A's checking time has expired, insert into the mutex table for B, replacing whatever A left behind.

Let me know what you all say about this strategy.

Yong Huang

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Dec 28 1999 - 23:45:35 CST