Oracle 8i questions

From: Benny HU <bbenny_at_iname.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 06:05:14 GMT

Hi,

I'm very new to Oracle and my company has bought a ERP package which come with Oracle 8i. The installation was done by the software company. Here is my questions:

  1. I couldn't load up Oracle Administrator Assitant, once I execute the program, nothing comes up??
  2. I tried to install Legato Storage Manager, it installed sucessfully but the Storage Management Portmapper wouldn't startup, it comes with error 2140 - NT internal error. I have searched the listener.log and couldn't find any error message.
  3. There are 3 database created and loaded as services and there is no OracleServiceSID service for each of the databases, is it correct?

Any advices and options would be appreicated.

Thanks in Advance!

--

Benny
-

e-mail: bbenny_at_iname.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Dec 29 1999 - 00:05:14 CST