OAW_UTIL, DBMS_SQL, select rights, visibillity

From: RonR <ronr_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 13:52:41 +0100

Hi,

I have some problem with the following setup: USER has execute rights on OWNER.PACKAGE_X PACKAGE_X calls OAS.OWA_UTIL to print some rows from OWNER.TABLE_X using SYS.DBMS_SQL. In the selects the tables are not prefixed with the schema.

using sql_trace I found that:

In my development database this works; OWNER does the query on TABLE_X

In my test database it fails; OAS does the query on TABLE_X

Quite obviously, there is some tiny little difference between both databases, that I did not find so far. Both are running on AIX 4.2, both are 7.3.4; dev having patch 4, test patch 2.

Oracle support had no solution for me, does anybody have some clue or direction to look for ? The grants and owner ships are all equal for the objects involved.

thanks,