Re: tunning hellp!!

From: Martin Hepworth <maxsec_at_totalise.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 08:57:09 +0000

Hi
A few thoughts.

If you are running the 'choose' optimiser have you analysed the tables recently?

Do the 'exists' first in the 'from'.

run trace/explain plan (or use toad www.toadsoft.com) to the do the same so you can see whats actually happening.

try a outer join rather than the union.

Get the O'Reilly book on Oracle Performance Tuning - excellant SQL tuning sections.

martin