Re: Oracle8i utlbstat/utlestat Solaris 2.6

From: Steve Adams <steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 12:07:26 GMT

Hello Martin,

The DBWn algorithm has been completely rewritten for 8i. Instead of just a write queue and a ping queue there are now lots of queues for different types of writes and different priorities and quotas for each. Also, instead of DBWn responding to a variety of different types of make free request and cross instance calls, there is now a unified entry point to DBWn services. So the old 'write requests' statistic is no longer meaningful.

Maybe you would do better looking at 'free buffer waits' and 'write complete waits' if any, and basing your tuning on those.

Regards,
Steve Adams

http://www.ixora.com.au/

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/orinternals/