Oracle8i utlbstat/utlestat Solaris 2.6

From: Martin Haltmayer <Martin.Haltmayer_at_0800-einwahl.de>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 23:47:21 +0200

Hi all,

I tried the utlbstat/utlestat scripts which I knew from Oracle 7.3.4 (where they worked fine). But in Oracle 8.1.5 on Sun Solaris 2.6 the
"average write queue length" does not give any value (after the query in
utlestat it says "0 rows selected"). I looked into the query and it looks for two entries in V$SYSSTAT, the ones with the name = 'summed dirty queue length' and 'write requests'.

'write requests' ceased to exist obviously. Also the docs (on NT 4.0) in
"Oracle 8i Reference", table 3-13 do not mention it any more.

Which is the appropriate statistic name to use?

Any help appreciated.

Martin Received on Thu Dec 23 1999 - 15:47:21 CST