Re: Export Gurus .... please answer

From: Brian McCarthy <bmccarth_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 10:37:49 -0500

From a co-worker:

Referential constraints are handled differently than column/table constraints: Column table constraints are imported with the table. Referential constraints are handled in a second pass after all of the tables in the dump file have been imported.

TAD wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There is a question that has been bugging me for a while. I cannot seem to
> find the answer any where. The question is ...
>
> During a full import, the sequence as far as I know is: create table, create
> constraints disabled, insert data, enable constraints. But, some
> constraints, e.g. foriegn keys, reference other constraints that may not
> exist or may be disabled at that time, which means that it will fail. How
> can that import succeed and how does it know what sequence it has to create
> the constraints.

Brian McCarthy Received on Mon Dec 20 1999 - 09:37:49 CST