Re: OAS pl/sql tutorial question

From: Paul Carter <westendboyz_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 23:27:00 GMT

Hi,

I got help with this a few days ago.

When creating the DAD, be sure to specify both the sid in the TNSNAMES.ORA file and its alias in the SQL V2 Connect string.

For example:

TNSNAMES.ORA: production = (..... sid=prod) .....)

---
Then when setting up the DAD use:

SID: prod
SQL V2: production

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Paul

"Kat" <kaford_at_swbell.net> wrote in message news:8397nr$1a4_at_hermes.acs.unt.edu...
> I am running OAS 4.0.8 on NT. Trying to connect to Oracle 7.3
> database following the tutorial in the on line PL/SQL
> Guide. (I do have basic connectivity with the tnsnames.ora and SQL*Plus)
> At some point you create an html page with the following sample
> link to call the content from the database. (Step 4 in the tutorial)
> "http://hal.us.oracle.com:9999/simpleApp1/cart1/current_users"
>
> In this example and according to the documentation
"hal.us.oracle.com:9999"
> I believe is the box running OAS. My dba insists its the box with the
Oracle