OAS pl/sql tutorial question

From: Kat <kaford_at_swbell.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 17:25:53 -0600

I am running OAS 4.0.8 on NT. Trying to connect to Oracle 7.3 database following the tutorial in the on line PL/SQL Guide. (I do have basic connectivity with the tnsnames.ora and SQL*Plus) At some point you create an html page with the following sample link to call the content from the database. (Step 4 in the tutorial) "http://hal.us.oracle.com:9999/simpleApp1/cart1/current_users"

In this example and according to the documentation "hal.us.oracle.com:9999" I believe is the box running OAS. My dba insists its the box with the Oracle database on it. No matter which server name I type I can't get anything to happen. Any suggestions? Sorry nobody in my office has background with doing web pages this way. Thanks, Kathy Received on Wed Dec 15 1999 - 17:25:53 CST