ORANT 8.04: Listener Service Won't Start

From: Bruce Van Horn <bvh2_at_swbell.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 22:09:03 -0600

I just rebuilt my NT system and put Oracle 8.04 on. I can't seem to get the listener service to start. Its set to Automatic, but it doesn't start. When I try to start it manually, I get Error 1067: The Process Terminated Unexpectedly. Sometimes I get the even more cryptic 2140: Internal NT error occurred.

Reminds me of one of my ex-girlfriends who used to say 'If you don't know why I'm mad at you then I'm not going to tell you.'

Anyway, I've tried re-installing and that didn't help. Any insight would be appreciated.

Bruce Van Horn
bvh2_at_swbell.net Received on Fri Dec 17 1999 - 22:09:03 CST