Re: ORANT 8.04: Listener Service Won't Start

From: Mikel <not_at_me.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 20:05:19 -0500

I'll take a guess and bet you changed the database name from the default orcl. If you did, probably the listener.ora is not correctly configured to use the new name. In the SID_LIST_LISTENER entry in the listener.ora file (usually in orant/net80/admin/listener.ora) make sure the SID_NAME = NEWDBNAME(whatever you called the db).
Htp

Mike