French error messages ?

From: plums <plums_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 14:41:50 -0000

Hi,

I have created a database (8.0.5 on Solaris 2.6) with character set of WE8ISO8859P1, and have set NLS_LANG="FRENCH_FRANCE.WE8ISO8859P1".

But, my server error messages still display in English and not French - why ??

A select from NLS_SESSION_PARAMETERS gives me

SQL> select * from nls_session_parameters;

PARAMETER                                  VALUE
------------------------------                      ------------------------
------
NLS_LANGUAGE                            FRENCH
NLS_TERRITORY                             FRANCE
NLS_CURRENCY                            F
NLS_ISO_CURRENCY                   FRANCE
NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS         ,.
NLS_CALENDAR                           GREGORIAN
NLS_DATE_FORMAT                   DD-MON-RRRR
NLS_DATE_LANGUAGE              FRENCH
NLS_SORT                                      FRENCH

and a

SQL> select to_char(sysdate, 'dd/Month/yy') from dual;

TO_CHAR(SYSDATE

17/Décembre /99

is also correct, but

SQL> select sysdate from dual1;
select sysdate from dual1

                    *

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

gives me the error in English.

cheers

Plums Received on Fri Dec 17 1999 - 08:41:50 CST