Re: Tablespace

From: <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 19:21:27 GMT

In article <837v3n$qm4$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   ckchan5_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> If I have the following message during the oracle database startup,
> using cluster, how to solve this problem. Is there anyway I can boot
> the system without going thru checking on this tablespace.
>
> These are the error messages found in the log file.
>
> : 1157 Can not identify data file 57 - file not found
> 1110 Datafile 57 : `/d/global/home/try/dbf/try.dbf`
> 1360 SFIFI : Stat Error, unable to obtain information about file.

You have suffered some kind of media failure or file loss at the OS level. If you can not recover or restore the file you can use the alter database drop datafile command to remove the file from Oracle, but the effected tablespace will require droping and re-creating. You might be able to drop drop the affected tablespace including contents and rebuild the affected tablespace without having to first remove the file from Oracle.

The more important question may be how did you manage to lose a datafile? The best way to recover depends on what happened to begin with.
--
Mark D. Powell -- The only advice that counts is the advice that  you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Dec 15 1999 - 13:21:27 CST