Re: DBShut question

From: Ron Leedy <ron_leedy_at_dicarta.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 07:39:35 -0800

The dbshut command is a script in itself. My recommendation is to pull out the sections of dbshut that you think you need to shutdown the database and put it in your own script. In my environments, I have taken most of these scripts and made them into a library of Korn shell functions that are read into the shell. This does make the process' memory footprint a bit larger but allows me more control of the commands. I do have to check on code diffs each time I get a new release but how often have they changed dbshut?

Ron Leedy
diCarta.com