Re: Change Oracle password after expiration using Visual Basic

From: Pat Minnis <pminnis_at_indianaonline.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 05:15:46 GMT

Assuming you are wanting to front-end some other application that actually logs into the database:

If you have a way to pass the userid/password to the other application (in Oracle Forms, F45RUN32 form userid='user/pass'),

1.    You could ask logon credentials in VB
2.    Once logged in, you could change the password as required
3.    After changed, you could reconnect using the new password or call the
application directly with the new credentials