Change Oracle password after expiration using Visual Basic

From: <chartier_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 17:20:49 GMT

    I need to know how to change the users (Oracle 8.0.4) password via Visual Basic (v6.0 SP3) and RDO. If the users password is expired, the proper error message is returned, but because the user isn't connected to the database, I cannot change the password with the "ALTER xxx IDENTIFIED BY xxx" sql. Anyone got any suggestions??

    I've examined the OraSession object and there is no "ChangePassword" method as suggested by someone, as for the OraServer object, I've been unable to find any reference to it anywhere in VB or elsewhere, except in 1 message I found in this forum and there where no details about how to use or aquire it. I CANNOT log on to the database using a generic account that has the proper rights as any accounts on the database need to have their passwords changed/expired every 90 days. Any help would be appreciated .. thanks ..

                  Prescott Chartier

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Dec 11 1999 - 11:20:49 CST