Re: Enable new settings in the TNSNAMES.ORA file

From: Terry Dykstra <tdykstra_at_cfol.ab.ca>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 09:02:12 -0700

You can modify tnsnames.ora any time. As long as the Listener is configured, everything goes just fine.
BTW, you don't need to shutdown/startup the listener after modifying the listener.ora file. You can use the RELOAD command to refresh.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.

Henrik Meldgaard Frisk <hfr_at_bang-olufsen.dk> wrote in message news:835o7q$q2n$1_at_news.inet.tele.dk...
> Hi.
>
> I have just added a new entry in the Listener.ora and the tnsname.ora, and
> now I want to enable the new settings.
> I have shut down the listener a started it again, but what about the
> tnsnames file. How do I restart that? Is there a program for that just
like
> there is to the listener. $ORACLE_HOME/bin/lsnrctl and then START
Listener.