Re: Defining databases on clients ODBC

From: Rob Calfee <trace_at_primenet.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 10:27:37 -0700

Hi,

I'm a bit rusty, but I think I know your problem. Look in the registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software >ODBC > odbc.ini. There are several entries each ODBC connection in this tree. You have to set a buffersize, a driver, a DSN (name of the odbc connection), a server and optionally a UID or PWD. I'm not MCSE, so I wouldn't know how to push the registry settings to the clients. But check out the registry locations above and maybe this will help. If anyone spots a problem or has something to add, do it because I'm a bit rusty with the client stuff.

Rob Calfee
DBA
l_robert_c_at_yahoo.com