Re: 2Gbyte datafile limit? Oracle 7.3.4

From: Charles Hansis <chansis_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 20:39:07 -0500

Yes it is, I had the same problem recently on an HP server with large filesystems enabled. It wasn't HPUX giving the error, it was Oracle. We called Oracle and they forwarded us a copy of a document that gave instructions on "fooling" Oracle into writing to a "file" and performing a dd from that file to the actual export file. There are other ways of handling this limitation though, you could use a split command ( I saw that someone had posted a script on this earlier).

Good Luck.
JH