Fail to Install Replication Option (Oracle7.3.4/Aix 4.3)

From: <arkzoyd_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 23:49:59 GMT

I'm trying to enabled symetric replication option in an Oracle 7.3.4-Aix 4.3 system with no success !
Does anybody faced this problem and possibly help me!

I managed the following steps:
- upgraded the software with the option ! (It
appears in the installer as installed !)
- changed some init.ora Parameters (compatible,
share_pool_size, job_queue... - SNPx are running!)
- run the catdefer.sql and catrep.sql scripts
with no errors (or recreate a complete database with the installer) - All the views and packages seems availabled !

BUT the v$option(parameter) replication remains FALSE ! and a message "replication option not available" appears when using ADD_MASTER_GROUP (after setting the environnement as describe in the manual)

PS:
I managed the installation with Oracle8 EE but have still to support FORMS v3 and need to do the upgrade very quickly !

Thank you for your help

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun Dec 12 1999 - 17:49:59 CST