Re: ORA-1034 (Oracle not Available) It's killing me

From: Richard Warkentin <_at_test.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 05:39:48 GMT

On Wed, 08 Dec 1999 16:35:26 GMT, andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net (NetComrade) wrote:

>Andrey Dmitriev
> I was able to connect to the previous installation). I
>have no idea what the heck else to do.

I get 1034's when I do an upgrade and forget to change oracle_home in the listener. Both oratab and listener.ora need to have the correct home.

First time it happened, it took me a long time to find. Second took less time. Now I look for it right away. Too bad I can't remember to get it right when I do it:) Received on Thu Dec 09 1999 - 23:39:48 CST