sqlloader question

From: Pete Shankey <shankeyp_at_charlestoncounty.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 15:48:39 -0500

I have noticed with Oracle 8.0.XX it is not necessary in the control file to specify a object type when naming a column for example:

into table dept
(

col1            integer,
col2            varchar2,
col3            date

)

into table dept
(

col1,
col2,
col3
)

both seem to work.
My question is why would I want to spesify a object type if I do not have to? Is there any reason I want to spesify a object type?

Thanks
Pete Received on Thu Dec 09 1999 - 14:48:39 CST