Export-Import across character sets

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BlueSax_at_Unforgettable.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 10:34:26 -0500

For some reason that totally escapes me, a data base that I work with was created with the WE8ISO8859P1 character set instead of US7ASCII. Does anyone know if there would be adverse effects if an export were taken from that database and then imported into a database with the US7ASCII character set? We are no where near Iceland so nothing has been inserted into the database which would use Icelandic characters. Received on Thu Dec 09 1999 - 09:34:26 CST