Write Complete Waits

From: <rspeaker_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 21:51:39 GMT

I currently have an Oracle 8.0.4 system running on an RS/6000 with 4x332 mhz CPU and 1 GB RAM. I have async I/O configured on the system. The application in question has its 'data' file striped across 2 disks, and the corresponding 'index' file on 1 disk. I have been seeing as much as 10% write complete waits throughout the day (according to the monitoring tool I am using). I understand the fix for this to be either enabling Async I/O or starting multiple db writers with the dbwr_io_slave parameter. I have async I/O enabled but still see the waits. Will it help/hurt performance to add a second db writer as well? Any other suggestions?

thanks,
Roy

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Dec 08 1999 - 15:51:39 CST