Re: Write Complete Waits

From: Steve Adams <steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 23:46:05 GMT

Hi Roy,

In general, 'write complete waits' indicate either that the internal write batch size is too large, or that you are checkpointing hot blocks too intensively, rather than that write I/O is too slow. With only three physical disks, you should set db_files as low as possible and set db_file_simultaneous_writes to 1. Then set db_block_checkpoint_batch to db_files/4.

If you are using incremental checkpoints (db_block_max_dirty_target), don't be too ambitious. Otherwise make sure that background checkpoints are not too frequent.

Hope this helps,
Regards,
Steve Adams

http://www.ixora.com.au/