Re: Very strange... PK enabled with null values in it!

From: Michel Cadot <micadot_at_netcourrier.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 11:34:26 +0100

aquabubble <aquabubble_at_geocities.com> a écrit dans le message : 82l9b3$rhf$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> G'Day everyone...
>
> Running 7.3.3 on AIX version 4 on both an F50 and something else.
>
> I was wondering if anyone else had seen this kind of thing before. This
> should be impossible, so how can I have a primary key enabled with null
> values in its column?

No, you can't but it is possible with a unique constraint.

> Also, we've just seen another table with a composite primary key with
> null values in its second column.

It seems impossible, so could you execute an analyze table <my_table> validate structure cascade; and show us a desc of your table and the result of select * from user_constraints where table_name='<my_table>' and constraint_type='P';
select * from user_cons_columns where constraint_name='<PK name'> order by position;

--
Have a nice day
Michel Received on Wed Dec 08 1999 - 04:34:26 CST