Re: some doubts abt sql*plus and sqlworksheet

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 15:55:43 GMT

> >2.do we need to do 'commit' for the 'delete' statement to take effect? but
> >weird thing happened is that i don do any commit after deleting a record
> >from a table, the record still gone and i use select statement and can't see
> >the record inside the table.

If you issue a delete and then a select (without a commit in between), you will see the changes but others will not. This is called transaction consistency. The delete is only valid for your transaction. When you select, you will see the results of the delete. To make the delete valid for other transactions, you must commit the results.

HTH,
Brian Received on Tue Dec 07 1999 - 09:55:43 CST