Re: some doubts abt sql*plus and sqlworksheet

From: NetComrade <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 14:58:48 GMT

Get the server concepts manual or something,

>1.may i know what is the different between sql*plus and sqlworksheet? can we
>just ignore one?

Sql*Plus is a reporting tool, it has formatting commands that SQL WOrksheet doesn't

>2.do we need to do 'commit' for the 'delete' statement to take effect? but
>weird thing happened is that i don do any commit after deleting a record
>from a table, the record still gone and i use select statement and can't see
>the record inside the table.

>3.if i do a insert statement without commit, and then i close sql*plus or
>sqlworksheet. what will happen? will the record being inserted? what if the
>system crashes?

You 'session' commit either on the issue of 'commit' command or uppon exiting of applicatoin such as Sql*Plus or WOrksheet, unless you issue rollback prior to exiting.

Andrey Dmitriev	 eFax: (978) 383-5892  Daytime: (917) 373-5417
AOL: NetComrade	 ICQ: 11340726 remove NSPAM to email