Import

From: Stefan Jahnke <s.jahnke_at_luw-ag.de>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 12:08:19 +0100

Hi,

Is it possible to do the following:

Database A, table A already exists.

Database B, table A is created, with the same structure as in Database A.

Now I change the structure of table A, I recreate it, some columns are added, others are gone.
Next, I export table A from database A and import it into the new table A in database B. Could this possibly work somehow ? What import parameters do I have to consider ?

TIA
Stefan

PS: It seems to be problematically to use Oracle 7.3 export files with Oracle 8.0.5 import. Is this true ? Received on Tue Dec 07 1999 - 05:08:19 CST