WebDB 2.0 Solaris Problem / TNS could not resolve service name

From: Mac Schwarz <mac_at_phil.uni-erlangen.de>
Date: 05 Dec 1999 16:51:21 +0100

Hi,

I've installed WebDB 2.0.5.6.1 and WebDB Listener 2.5.0.6.1 for SPARC Solaris yesterday. The 'PL/SQL Web Toolkit 4' shown in the dialog of the installer in the handbook did not show at all in my 'Product avaiable on cdrom' dialog box?!

However I can connect to the service local. The test of the service WEBDB with Net8 Easy Config is successful, tnsnames.ora has an entry for WEBDB and I can connect with sqlplus webdb/webdb@<my_tnsalias> successfully.

I can access http://server:80/admin_/gateway.html and listener.html also and changes of the settings were successfull.

But if I try to login I get the error message

Database Log In Failed

TNS could not resolve service name

Verify that he TNS name in the connectstring entry of the DAD for this URL is valid.

I used the same connect string i tested with sqlplus (without user and pass of course).

Net8 Easy Config changes the 'normal' tnsnames.ora in ORACLE_HOME/network/admin. The release notes for WebDB 2.0 and a document I found on Oracle MetaLink mentions that a tnsnames.ora file in a directory ORACLE_HOME/net80 should be created with the information of ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/tnsnames.ora.

There is no such directory at all in my whole ORACEL_BASE tree! The only new directory after the installation is ORACLE_HOME/webdb with it's own network/admin dir.

Can anyone confirm a WebDB 2.0 SPARC Solaris installation with an new net80 dir in his ORACLE_HOME after install (and with an option to select PL/SQL Web Toolkit 4 in orainst as shown in the manual)?

Regards,

        mac

--
Mac Schwarz / AERIA Projekt / Inst. f. Klassische Archaeologie e-mail: mac_at_aeria.phil.uni-erlangen.de / Tel.: 09131-85-24791  FAU Erlangen-Nuernberg / Kochstr.4 / 91054 Erlangen   <http://www.phil.uni-erlangen.de/~p1altar/aeriahome.html> Received on Sun Dec 05 1999 - 09:51:21 CST