Macmillan Oracle 8i

From: Shazam <gmon_at_toad.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 10:56:40 -0500

Hi,

At CompUSA, I saw a package from Macmillan (which also sells packages with Mandrake Linux) that contains Oracle 8i (Standard Edition?) and the book "Using Oracle 8i" for $99. I am interested in buying this because I want to learn how to use databases and Oracle is probably the biggest name in databases. What I am wondering is what is the difference between this version of Oracle and others that are out? Is it any good for learning purposes? What are its limitations? Received on Sun Dec 05 1999 - 09:56:40 CST