Re: Standby database sever on 7.3.4 and NT4

From: <vijaylamba_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 1999 13:15:06 GMT

hi,
in the parameter file (init.ora) set the following and restart the database:
log_archive_start = true --this will start the arch process

                    automatically

log_archive_dest = "path where u want to store the arched files.

you can also give log_archive_format to specify in what format you want the arched files.
do check sys.v$parameters view in case my spellings are wrong. Regards
Vijay
In article <38472732.344663421_at_203.2.194.51>,   jlAT_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> I have a problem on setup standby database server, The standby server
> is up and running but I don't know how to apply the archive log
> automatically. I can only hit a RET kry to apply the next archived
> log. But the backup server is at other office and I can't affort any
> one to hit a key on a regular basie.
>
> Does any one have an idea how to do it.
>
> I am running Oracle 7.3.4 on NT4 box.
>
> Thanks for any help.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Dec 04 1999 - 07:15:06 CST