Re: Oracle on NT and memory

From: <vijaylamba_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 1999 12:59:35 GMT

hi,
if u have client/server architecture then each connection will use some memory in the RAM of server for dedicated server process(in case u r in that mode) and PGA. this memory is additional to what u have specified for the SGA.
if u run out of memory then swapping/paging to the virtual memory will occur(which will reduce your performance). Regards
Vijay

In article <828vpf$fdj$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   place4oracle_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are using Oracle and NT.
> Will all user connection use more memory ?
>
> If not what will happend when all memory Oracle have
> allocted is finished ?
>
> I know that on Unix each connection use more memory.
> And I thought that it was the same on NT. But the
> memory used by Oracle never increase.
>
> Regards
> Cathy Hill.
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Dec 04 1999 - 06:59:35 CST