Re: Oracle 7.3.4 Upgrade failed ...

From: Zeth Johansson <zeth.johansson_at_ifsab.se>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 14:37:01 +0100

Hi Brian!

I've had the same problem with Oracle 7.3.4 on HP-UX. When I had two different ORACLE_SIDs with the same first three characters, e g SID1 and SID2, Oracle couldn't tell which was which. When I renamed SID2 to 2SID, it worked fine. I haven't talked to Oracle support about it, but my own conclusion is that multiple ORACLE_SIDs with the same first three characters aren't allowed.

Regards

Zeth Received on Wed Dec 01 1999 - 07:37:01 CST