Re: Oracle 7.3.4 Upgrade failed ...

From: Richard Halford <richard.halford.nonspamismo_at_rrds.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 12:06:26 GMT

On Wed, 1 Dec 1999 14:37:01 +0100, "Zeth Johansson" <zeth.johansson_at_ifsab.se> wrote:

>Hi Brian!
>
>I've had the same problem with Oracle 7.3.4 on HP-UX. When I had two
>different ORACLE_SIDs with the same first three characters, e g SID1 and
>SID2, Oracle couldn't tell which was which. When I renamed SID2 to 2SID, it
>worked fine. I haven't talked to Oracle support about it, but my own
>conclusion is that multiple ORACLE_SIDs with the same first three characters
>aren't allowed.

We have currently two databases (4 before) all with the format 3 characters+1 unique letter e.g. abc1 abc2 abc3 and have had no problem as yet (iin development on out production machine we have just one database). If there is a known problem please do tell. Received on Tue Dec 07 1999 - 06:06:26 CST