listener problem on Oracle 8.1.5

From: <raju_pillai_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 12:40:08 GMT

I was finally able to migrate my Oracle 8.0.5 database to 8.1.5 on AIX. Now listener is not working. my service name is ctiq, SID is CTIQ. It seemed to work last night, but today morning, its not working.i am getting I am getting TNS12514. Whats the major difference in listener in 805 and 815 ? What will happen if I copy the 8.0.5 listener.ora and tnsnames.ora to my new library and start listener ? Will this work ? What all parameters should match in 8.1.5 listener config ? Whats the significance of global dbanme ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Raju

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Dec 01 1999 - 06:40:08 CST