Re: oracle price question

From: <lubjek_at_placebase.com>
Date: 30 Nov 1999 02:36:45 GMT

In article <SCD04.1092$%N1.146574_at_typ11.nn.bcandid.com>, Van Messner <vmessner_at_netaxis.com> wrote:
>Depending on the size of your company, Oracle may offer substantial volume
>discounts. So you need to talk with a salesman and press for your best
>deal.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. However, I'm curious to know if I'm within an order of magnitude (or two) of the "retail" price. There's no point in contacting a salesperson if I can't even come close to affording the software. I'm a small startup.

Also, what's the deal with "Power Units"? Maybe I'm a little naive, but I would think I/O performance, memory system, and clocks-per-instruction are far more important than raw megahertz. I don't know if you can even buy a new machine slower than 300MHz any more, even if you don't need the clock frequency.

Thanks for the info.

--

          PlaceBase           |     Looking for a place to work, stay, or LIVE?
the Visual Database of Places |    Find it at PlaceBase!  No plug-ins required.