Re: questions about Parallel Server

From: Guang Ju YANG <yangg_at_club-internet.fr>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 21:42:00 +0100

A paralle server uses really multi-instance. But all instances write to a single set of datafiles. That's to say, you have only one database at once.

If you issue BENGIN BACKUP at one node, this takes effect at all of the instances. So you couldn't separate the differents nodes as primary or backup server.

I hope I've well understood your questions and I hope this help.

Yang