questions about Parallel Server

From: <marysun_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 16:46:27 GMT

Hi, there. I need some suggestion to the following problem. The old architecture is the program on the client site transmits records to the database on the server site. The new architecture will use Oracle parallel server. The program will transmit records to a backup Oracle server (on another clustered HP machine) while the primary server is down and then restore transmission back to the primary server after it is back in service (activation of this piece of code would depend on configuration parameter - i.e. it could be turned on or off depending whether there is a backup server). The primary server and the backup server use the same database. I think the new architecture uses the multi-instance feature of parallel server. Is that right? Which aspects should be considered while I modify the code to satisfy the new architecture?
Thanks a lot.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 29 1999 - 10:46:27 CST