is Oracle SQL a free format language?

From: bmlam <bmlam_at_online.de>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 14:06:00 +0100

After some sweating and swearing I finally managed to define an index organized table from SQLPLUS. It took me more than 1 dozen tries, below is an excerpt that demonstrates the problem I encountered:

create table book_index
  2 ( keyword varchar2(40),

  3     pg_no number(4),
  4     constraint book_index_pk primary key (keyword))
  5 organization index
  6 tablespace usr
  7 pctthreshhold 30
  8 overflow tablespace usr;
pctthreshhold 30
*
ERROR at line 7:
ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended

SQL> create table book_index
  2 ( keyword varchar2(40),

  3     pg_no number(4),
  4     constraint book_index_pk primary key (keyword))
  5 organization index
  6 tablespace usr pctthreshold 30 overflow tablespace usr;

Table created.

Where the hick is any syntax difference between the two statements besides the line breaks?
And I though SQL is supposed to be free format. Having said that, I'd like to avoid situations like that again in the future. Could someone please shed some light into this mysterious "bug"? Received on Mon Nov 29 1999 - 07:06:00 CST