Re: is Oracle SQL a free format language?

From: <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 14:52:57 GMT

In article <38427A38.BE9253D1_at_online.de>,   bmlam <bmlam_at_online.de> wrote:
> After some sweating and swearing I finally managed to define an index
> organized table from SQLPLUS. It took me more than 1 dozen tries,
below
> is an excerpt that demonstrates the problem I encountered:
>
> create table book_index
> 2 ( keyword varchar2(40),
> 3 pg_no number(4),
> 4 constraint book_index_pk primary key (keyword))
> 5 organization index
> 6 tablespace usr
> 7 pctthreshhold 30
> 8 overflow tablespace usr;
> pctthreshhold 30
> *
> ERROR at line 7:
> ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended
>
> SQL> create table book_index
> 2 ( keyword varchar2(40),
> 3 pg_no number(4),
> 4 constraint book_index_pk primary key (keyword))
> 5 organization index
> 6 tablespace usr pctthreshold 30 overflow tablespace usr;
>
> Table created.
>
> Where the hick is any syntax difference between the two statements
> besides the line breaks?
> And I though SQL is supposed to be free format. Having said that, I'd
> like to avoid situations like that again in the future. Could someone
> please shed some light into this mysterious "bug"?

I noticed a spelling difference in the way pctthreshold was entered in your two examples. Is that a posting typo or the actual SQL error? pctthreshhold << from error example
pctthreshold << from created example
--
Mark D. Powell -- The only advice that counts is the advice that  you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 29 1999 - 08:52:57 CST