Oracle 8i migration

From: <raju_pillai_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 06:17:02 GMT

I already have a Oracle 8.0.5 database running on an AIX box. Now I want to move to Oracle 8i. When we bought the software, Oracle Corporation send us a bunch of CDs. Two of the saying Quick Install and then another one saying Oracle 81 Enterpise Edition. Now which one should I use to install. Also , do i have to install the Oracle 8i before I migrate my data or can I start with migration. I am pretty new to Oracle. So can any one of you help me walk thru the process.

I will really appreciate any input.

Thanks in advance.

Raju

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun Nov 28 1999 - 00:17:02 CST