Re: High Water Mark ?

From: helper <wangz_at_isd.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 05:47:42 GMT

I like your answer. That's whey I did not take OCP.

Add two cents, it also depends on the amount of data on each tables and environments. The export/import creates an extra disk write/read on the dmp files. The "create table as select …" and "alter table move" do not need extra disk read/write. In Unix, it can be done without the extra disk read/write by using name pipe on select/load. How about NT?

I think the export/import is the bad choice if there are large amount of data (say several GB of data).

In article <943720755.20537.0.nnrp-01.9e984b29_at_news.demon.co.uk>,   "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Hmm !
>
> No wonder so many DBA's come up
> with daft ideas these days - they've
> taken the OCP exams.
>
> 1) Minimising contention by moving data
> from one tablespace to another. I wonder
> what contention (realistically) could be
> affected by moving objects between tablespaces ?
>
> 11) And its incomplete of course - how do you deal with an
> import that has to move an object from one tablespace
> to another anyway: import tends to put things back where
> they came from
>
> 12) And if you do the export /import, would you do it with
> compress extents = y or n ?
>
> In short -
> A bloody stupid question with a ridiculous choice
> of answers that does nothing to check the real-life
> skills of a potential DBA.
>
> --
>
> Jonathan Lewis
> Yet another Oracle-related web site: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk
>
> yewpc_at_rnd.celcom.com.my wrote in message
<81l2jp$m0g$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...
> >hi,
> > I have a quenstion on one of the question in OCP8 Database
> >Administartion (accessement test)
> >"You need to minimize resource contention by moving some of the data
in
> >the HR_DATA tablespace to the HR_DATA2 tablespace. Which method

Zosen Wang (wangz_at_rocketmail.com)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Nov 27 1999 - 23:47:42 CST