Re: Database recovery

From: Bert van Gorkom <bert.van.gorkom_at_freeler.nl>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 10:42:41 +0100

Hello,

If the online redo log files are still there, but you are recovering using a backup controlfile, this controlfile does not know when to switch from archivefiles to online redo log at the end-phase of the recovery. This implies that you have to supply the filename of the online redo logfile yourself. This way, Oracle can find the End-of-thread and recovery will be complete.