Re: Database recovery

From: Erwin Dondorp <erwindon_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 23:25:21 +0100

Hello world,

[Alex, thanks]

This quote referred to a case where both the actual control files and the
online redo logfiles were lost.
If the online redo logfiles are still there (you only lost the controlfiles,
and maybe some datafiles) then the UNTIL clause is NOT needed since the RECOVER
command will then detect the end of the recovery by itself. When in that case the RECOVER command says it is ready, it means that the database
is in the same state as before the crash.

Erwin
---
Erwin Dondorp
www.dondorp.com