Re: Win Protection Error on Client 8.0.5 Install?

From: Yass Khogaly <ykhogaly_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 13:27:13 -0800

If you install MS Visual Studio 6, Visual Basic V6 or Encarta 99 a new version of mfc42.dll gets installed.
The oracle pagefaults when this version of the mfc42.dll is installed.

  To see if you have installed the troublesome version:

If the version is V60081680 then this is likely to be the cause of your problem. As workaround the dll can be renamed before starting the installer. Note that this is only possible in MS Dos mode (mode not prompt).

  Microsoft has created a patch. To download it goto:   http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/downloads/default.asp   Service Packs
  Library update

"The Views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of Oracle Corporation"

Alan Fusco <alan.fusco_at_gte.net> wrote in message news:Oiy%3.416$PH5.7755_at_dfiatx1-snr1.gtei.net...
> We have run into a Windows Protection Error after installing Oracle Client
> 8.0.5 on a Windows 95/SR2 machine. The PC will no longer run. It always
> starts up in Safe mode. We tried uninstalling Oracle Client to no avail.
Has