Re: NLS message catalog access error

From: Frank Slootweg <franks_at_neth.hp.com>
Date: 25 Nov 1999 15:01:37 GMT

  I have no experience with either Oracle or DDE, but have seen other occurences of similar NLS message catalog errors.

  It would be nice if you could somehow find the path and filename of the relevant message catalog, i.e. strings(1) and grep(1) things for pointers to a message catalog. The pathname will probably have "nls" in it and the message catalog filename will probably end in ".cat". Once you have found the .cat file, you can use the dumpmsg(1) command to convert it to normal ASCII text and you will probably find that the message catalog indeed has no set 3 or no message id 1 in that set. In 'my' case the version of the message catalog did not match with the version of the software which was referencing it (caused by incorrectly installing a patch).