NLS message catalog access error

From: Charley Hudson <chudson_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 19:20:43 -0500

I am getting the following error message while debugging my multithreaded Oracle 8.0.6 Pro*C application under DDE on HPUX 10.20:

?(dde/catgets) NLS message catalog access error.

This error occurs attempting to connect to an Oracle database after a call to the Oracle Pro*C routine sqlcxt.

I am able to connect to Oracle successfully with SQL*Plus and other apps that connect to Oracle with Pro*C.

Can anyone explain what might be going wrong here? My interpretation of the error message is that something has called catgets with an invalid catalog descriptor (first arg to catgets). If so, would this indicate that a required message catalog file is missing ?

Thanks,
Charley Hudson
JDA Software, Inc. Received on Tue Nov 23 1999 - 18:20:43 CST