Re: 2tier 250users max?

From: r.golds <r.golds_at_csdcsystems.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 06:16:21 -0500

(BTW, the largest Oracle database in size that I've heard of now is 50TB. And the largest number of concurrent users I've heard of is against a Fortune 100 company with 250,000 concurrent users and apparently lots of RAM. The fellow who represented that company said my 250 users was 'very small' :-) ).

I went looking through the Oracle documentation CD for Oracle 8.1.5 looking for limits. The only limit I found was for Connection Pooling or the other type of Connection <something> where the example said 255. But that 255 didn't look like a 'limit' to me, just a number that someone pulled out of a hat.

Regards
Robb