Partition and NOLOGGING option?!

From: <ibm_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 18:35:06 GMT

Oracle 8i for Solaris and Oracle 8 for Linux.

I have a very big table which I CANNOT lose. There's also only two disks(one controller) in the system. I put Oracle software in 1st disk, and put the data(include this big table and its index) in 2nd disk. And there're 3 partitions in the 2nd disk. There're lots of 'insert' and 'delete' against this big table almost every day.

My questions are:

  1. Can I use the Partition feature against this big table to gain performance? But there's only one disk, even though it has 3 partitions.
  2. Since this table is very important, I don't want to use 'nologging' to gain performance. Am I right?

Thank a lot! Pls also email me a copy!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 22 1999 - 12:35:06 CST